- I can say "where are my pants" in seven languages despite not generally wearing pants, or losing clothing in random foreign countries (or ancient Rome, since classical Latin is one of the languages).
- I used to be a inveterate liar, making up elaborate stories about my past or strange incidents because in my youth I became fascinated by the fact that people would believe things you told them just because and because I seem to have never fully absorbed the idea that lying is bad. It was a fairly difficult habit to break, as lying is sometimes terribly convenient, but I do much better these days. I still have friends who beleive some fairly strange things about me.
- The strangest thing that anyone believes about me is that I am a secret agent for the Chinese government. I am not myself actually responsible for that one.
- I am not actually sure what my natural hair color is anymore. It's statistically unlikely that it is still growing out blond, as neither of my parents were blond as adults, but it's so much lighter than the colors I have dyed it that it's not really possible to tell. My eyebrows are light brown/dark blond, so probably that.
- At last count I have moved around 2 dozen times and can fully unpack my apartment in under six hours.
- I have 2 Garth Brooks songs on my mp3 player, and secretly love them.
- I was obsessed with the Little House on the Prairie books as a girl but I was perhaps most captured by the chapters on pig slaughter and secretly wanted to roast a pig tail most of all.
Posted by Varina Jones
I am so sorry to have taken so long to write this up. I keep getting eaten by the job application process which, combined with the fact that I recently bruised my tailbone falling down the stairs and have had limited sitting upright time, has eaten all of my normal blogging time. Anyway, I was nominated for the "Lovely Blog" award from both Sal Kaye at Still Dark @ Heart and Siouxsie Law. Thanks so much! The rules are that an awardee must post 7 facts about themselves and nominate 15 more people. I believe everyone I would otherwise name has already been so honored so I will skip that part. I have tried to make my random facts the most interesting I could remember in order to make up for my tardiness.
Category: 3 comments